The triangle exercise is good for the pronator teres and pronator quadratus, biceps, upper chest muscles and upper back muscles.
It helps in stretching the pronator teres and pronator quadratus muscles which turn the forearms in and the palms down. It also helps in stretching the parts of the upper chest muscles plus biceps — one of the major muscles which bend the elbow and which can become tight and painful with work that involves keeping the elbow bent.
This exercise also strengthens the upper back muscles which help to keep your shoulders straight rather than rounded.
The following are the steps
- You can do this exercise by standing up tall with your arms by your sides.
- Now, turn your palms outwards.
- And then, move your arms backwards as far as is comfortable and hold for a count of 10 while you feel the stretch in the front of your arms and chest.
- You can also feel the muscles in your back working rather hard when you do this exercise.
- You can relax for sometimes.
- Repeat this for 3 times.