There are some muscles which may develop pain because they are placed in a shortened position or they work statically. That is, without movement, as stabilizers of your shoulders and arms.
The neck and shoulders should be stabilized properly, else you cannot position your hands accurately.
The following are the steps for doing signaller
- Signaller can be done either by sitting or standing.
- First, raise your right hand straight to the ceiling.
- By bending the left hand surrounding your head, hold your right arm just below the elbow.
- Now, try to lean to your left gently, pulling your right elbow towards your left shoulder until you feel the stretch along your right arm, shoulder and side.
- Take 10 counts at this position and hold the stretch.
- Repeat this with the left arm also.
- This should be done three times on each of the side.