The pendulum exercise is helpful for neck joints and upper trapezius muscles.
This exercise helps in stretching the muscles at the sides of the neck which assists in lifting your shoulder and hold your head up against the force of gravity. This exercise is important and should be done by everyone as these muscles have a tendency to become tight. These kind of muscle tension can be raised from the physical or mental stresses of a hard day at work or home.
- This exercise can be done by sitting in the chair.
- Hang both the arms down the chair by your sides.
- Donít lift the shoulders, but, gently drop your head sideways to the right shoulder as far as you feel that you are comfortable.
- At this position, hold for a count of 10 while you feel a gentle stretch along the left side of your neck.
- Now, gently return your head to the middle.
This sequence should be repeated. But, this time dropping the head to the left shoulder.
- This should be repeated 3 times on each side.