Forward lean exercise is good for the pectoral muscles.
This can stretch your shoulder joints and pectoral muscles which is the large muscles at the front of the chest. When these muscles are tight they can cause round shoulders and you may feel pain at the front of your armpits.
Steps for doing this exercise
- You can do this exercise by standing.
- First, push your chair hard against the desk so that the chair will not move when you lean on it for the exercise. You may also lean on the desk itself or a workbench.
- Now, stand about 1metre behind the chair.
- Then, place your hands on the back of the chair keeping your elbows straight.
- Drop your head forward between your arms while keeping your back straight.
- You can feel your chest muscles stretching while you hold for a count of 10.
- Just relax for sometimes.
- Repeat this for 5 times.