Protecting Child From Childhood Injuries
While at home or school the child needs to be supervised and guided especially at the initial stage of schooling to ensure safety. Childhood injuries include burns , traffic injuries , falls , cuts etc.
- 1. Parents should keep an eye on the child's activities and also have knowledge about the mechanism of all the toys with which it plays .
- 2. The interior decoration of the house should be done in such a way that the child does have any difficulty to move around freely.
- 3. All the belongings of the child specially its toys should be kept within his reach so that it does not have to climb or make any kind of special efforts to get it which further might cause any injury to the child.
- 4. All the furniture should have rounded corners and edges.
- 5. Children should not be allowed to go on roads all alone unless or until the parents are quite sure that they will be able to save themselves from the rashly driven vehicles.
- 6. They should be kept away from the fire and also precaution should be taken while handling electronics/electrical goods.
- 7. However , while protecting a child from all the above mentioned dangers the parents should always bear in mind not to be over cautious and over protective towards the child which in the long run, proves to be harmful for the child as over protection makes a child very much dependent and prevents him from being adventurous.