Health Centers
 loading...
if not loaded., try Site map to view all
 
 
 
 
bookmark | print this page | mail to friend | site map | help

Child diseases and conditions

FONT SIZE

T T T

Electric Shock

 

Electric shock results from touching an exposed electric wire or from defective plugs and electric gadgets like kettles, heaters, refrigerators and so on. If the shock is a serious one, the child may stop breathing and become unconscious.

The child’s contact with the current should be broken immediately. The main switch should be put off. Break the contact by using a dry stick or a wooden pole to remove the wire, or to push the child away from it. Do this while standing on a dry surface. Do not touch the child or the electric wire with bare hands. Remember that water and metals are conductors of electricity.

If the child has stopped breathing, artificial respiration should be started immediately while someone else rushes for medical aid. If the heart is not beating, a second person must do the cardiac massage. Keep up both till the child starts breathing and the heart-beats return. Take the child to the hospital as soon as possible, or send for a doctor if that is quicker.

 


 
Your feedback?




 
Other navigational links under Child diseases and conditions
 
 

Rate this page?
Good Average Poor



Rating accepted

Thanks for your note! Suggestion if any, will be taken up by the editor squad on a prority. We appreciate your gesture.
Hecapedia squad
Improve hecapedia - Join the squad


 
 
Nothing on this web site, in any way to be viewed as medical advice. All contents should be viewed as general information only.
All health care decisions should only be made with consultation from your physician.

About us | Link to us | Contact us | Associates | Media Center | Business services | Feedback | Report Bugs | Sitemap | Help
privacy policy | disclaimer | terms and conditions | accessibility | anti-spam policy
© 2006 hecapedia