Indications for Influenza Vaccination
- All healthy children 6-23 months of age.
- Targeted high-risk children and adolescents (eg, chronic pulmonary disease including asthma, sickle cell anemia, HIV infection).
- Other high-risk children and adolescents (eg, diabetes mellitus, chronic renal disease, chronic metabolic disease).
- Close contacts of high-risk patients.
- Foreign travel if exposure is likely.
Administer in the Fall, usually October 1-November 15, before the start of the influenza season.
Influenza Immunization Administration
||Number of Doses
| >12 years
*Two doses administered at least one month apart are recommended for children who are receiving influenza vaccine for the first time.