Risks of smoking
There are two factors that will determine your success:
1.You must have the desire to give up your habit.
2.You must have the confidence to know that you can do it.
Of course it is possible to get motivated to quit, yet you fail for a variety of reasons.
Quitting smoking can be an uncomfortable experience, and cigarettes have given you something to do for a long time. Consequently, it is only natural to think about the ups and downs of giving them up. Most who try to quit, fail to do so and have to try several times before they succeed. Should you have any doubts about giving up smoking, put it off until you are determined to do so.
If you smoke, the following are some risky factors :
- You will be twelve times more likely to die from lung cancer.
- You will be ten times more likely to die from some form of lung disease.
- You will be ten times more likely to die from cancer of the larynx.
- You will be six times more likely to die of heart disease.
- You will be twice as likely to die of a stroke.
Now let’s just think for one short moment: wouldn’t it be very important for you to increase your chances of living from two to twelve times longer, gain many extra years of happy, healthy existence, and save thousands of dollars in increased medical costs? Another overlooked benefit is the amount of money saved by not buying cigarettes in the first place.